Serious Games Design Workshop 2019Apr 30 2019
Like any other instructional solution, a game should be carefully designed, developed, and implemented to facilitate learning. The goal of a serious game is not only to create an immersive and engaging experience for learners, but also for them to achieve a specific learning outcome. During this micro-workshop, you will learn more about:
· What are serious games? – definition and,characteristics
· The difference between Serious Games, Gamification and Simulations
· Applications of games using Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) Technologies
· Explanation of the differences in games used for training and assessment; general public education and clinical application
· Introduction to game analytics and game data derived from games
· What type of games can be considered as games for health? New classifications and a survey of how games have been applied to health
· Why do people play? Motivation and self-determination theory (SDT)
1. The workshop is limited to 25 seats only.
2. Participants would need to bring their own portable electronic devices such as laptops or tablets as the trainer would like participants to evaluate information/watch videosthat requires the use of internet.
3. The workshop comprises of mini-lectures and active learning activities.
4. Workshop registration is sponsored by SIMS. To sign up for the workshop, click here: https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/serious-games-design-workshop-tickets-61014034620
After you have registered, an email confirmation will be sent to you. We look forward to your participation!
For more details, please go to www.seriousgamesassociation.org